Getting Ready for GCSE or Functional Maths
Choose which date you would like to apply for:
This short preparation course will provide you with the opportunity to develop your core mathematics skills in advance of enrolling on either a Level 2 Functional Skills or GCSE programme of study. This course is also a great opportunity to improve your confidence using maths after not having studied it for some years.
- explore a range of different methods for calculation
- use fractions and percentages to find solutions to problems
- enhance your skills using the metric system as a problem solving tool
- use statistics to find and measure outcomes
- work with a range of graphs, tables, and charts to demonstrate and interpret data
How will the course be delivered?
The course will be delivered on a residential basis, over two days and one night.The course will include a blend of classroom based activities and some individual work alone.
You will need to be working at Level 1 or toward Level 2 to access this course.
What could this course lead to?
You can move onto a Level 2 Functional Skills or GCSE programme of study in Maths.
Need more Information?
You can find out more about Northern College and the courses on offer at one of our Virtual Open Events
Tuition Fee: £50*
Please note the fee displayed is for the tuition fee only. If you are staying overnight at the college and you are not eligible for residential funding, there will be an additional charge to cover bed, breakfast and evening meal.
* Please confirm with The College Registry as fees can change and also with regards to your circumstances (unless otherwise stated).
email : mis at northern dot ac dot uk
Tel : 01226 776000