Level 2 Award in Learning Support Practitioners
The qualification is useful for those wishing to try out the role and for others who have learning support as part of their work. It also provides an important stepping-stone for those in related volunteer roles.
What does the qualification cover?
- The importance of learning for achieving personal goals and participating in life, learning and work.
- Different environments for learning support practice.
- The contribution of learning support in lifelong learning.
- How to work with learners and others to support lifelong learning in a range of settings.
- National and local policy, and regulatory requirements, related to learning support practice.
How will the course be delivered?
The course will be delivered on a residential basis, over two weekends. The course will include a blend of class room based activities and some individual work alone.
Northern College starts where you are, building on your life skills and experience. You don’t need a formal qualification to begin your studies with us.
What could this course lead to?
This Award allows practitioners to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment in the learning support sector. Students who successfully complete the course will have the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding to apply for a Level 3 qualification in Learning Support Practitioners and ultimately continue with their studies into Higher Education.
Funding Support Statement:
You may be eligible to study for free if you are unemployed, on certain benefits, or earn £17,004 a year or less. We can confirm when you apply or contact our Student Support Services team to learn more.
For more information please visit the Teacher Education page on our website
Tuition Fee: £195*
Choose which date you would like to apply for:
Please note the fee displayed is for the tuition fee only. If you are staying overnight at the college and you are not eligible for residential funding, there will be an additional charge to cover bed, breakfast and evening meal.
* Please confirm with The College Registry as fees can change and also with regards to your circumstances (unless otherwise stated).
email : mis at northern dot ac dot uk
Tel : 01226 776000