This preparation course will provide you with the opportunity to develop your core English skills in advance of enrolling on either a Level 2 Functional Skills or GCSE programme of study.
• improve your reading and comprehension skills to the high standard required at this level
• enhance your writing ability across a range of different skills such as report writing, speech writing and descriptive writing
• develop your understanding of the strategies used in writing to appeal to the reader
• develop your understanding and ability of speaking and listening in both formal and informal situations
• learn strategies and question techniques for bringing others into conversation when they may otherwise not contribute
How will the course be delivered?
The course will be delivered over two days between 9.30am – 4.00pm using a blend of online learning with a tutor and independent study.
Northern College starts where you are, building on your life skills and experience. You don’t need a formal qualification to begin your studies with us. However, if this is your first course at Northern College, you will be contacted by our Student Services team to ensure the course is right for you.
What could this course lead to?
This course will enable you to enhance your skills for either a Functional Skills or GCSE programme of study.
For more information please visit the Short Course page on our website
Tuition Fee: £50*
Choose which date you would like to apply for:
email : mis at northern dot ac dot uk
Tel : 01226 776000